London to Paris 2016

London to Paris 2016

Date:
31 August 2016 to 4 September 2016
Location:
London - Paris
Distance:
300 miles
Minimum Sponsorship:
£1450
Registration fee:
£149

Join us on this five day challenge cycling from London to Paris in one of Europe’s most classic cycling adventures.  With long days in the saddle and some strenuous hill-climbs, the sight of the Eiffel Tower, our finishing point, will evoke a real sense of achievement.  

Your final day in Paris, will be spent exploring the sights and soaking up the romantic atmosphere of this majestic city - what better way to celebrate your achievements? 

Download the brochure here for more information and itinerary

“Riding 300 miles from London to Paris was a fantastic experience.  The support from my team mates and VSO, and the knowledge that I was cycling for a great cause, kept the pedals spinning.  I would recommend this challenge to anyone looking for something different to do next summer!” Robert Lee, Cyclist, London to Paris 2015 

What support will I receive?

In return for your dedication and commitment to this cycle, VSO will be there to support you every step of the way during your preparations. All VSO participants will receive:

  • a VSO fundraising pack
  • a VSO training programme
  • a VSO cycling vest
  • a dedicated and experienced VSO fundraiser that will offer continued support and advice

Why VSO?

Last year VSO’s work in Africa and Asia benefitted almost 2 million of the world’s poorest people. Unlike many aid organisations, we work with local partners and match them with professional volunteers who share their skills, knowledge and expertise to improve lives and eliminate poverty.

Last year, for example, we trained over 50,000 teachers to help their pupils get a better education and future employment. This way, we make sure our impact is felt across generations.

Find out more about our work 

Fundraising costs explained

We want this challenge to be available to everyone who would like to take it on. 

Fundraising Option - reg fee £149 + £1450 fundraising target

You will need to reach the fundraising target of £1450. £1160 (80%) will be due 11 weeks before departure;  and the remaining £290 (20%) is due by the 18th September.

(50% of the above fundraising target will cover the cost of your trip and the remaining 50% will go towards the work of VSO to ensure that we can continue to help some of the poorest communities around the world)

Whether you want to raise all of the £1,450 in sponsorship or pay a proportion of it yourself, it is up to you! VSO are here to support you in whatever you decide.

With our experience and resources and your enthusiasm we know that the target is achievable! Visit our fundraising toolkit for hints and tips on reaching your target quickly. 

If you would like further details on this epic adventure before signing up, please email events@vso.org.uk

Top