Our work influencing the Global Goals
The global framework for the Post-2015 agenda, or Sustainable Development Goals (now called Global Goals) will guide the work of governments, NGOs and individuals for years to come.
VSO was involved in conversations and consultative processes on the Post-2015 agenda since the process began (see a timeline of key events).
Our post-2015 advocacy work is grounded in the knowledge and experience of our volunteers and partners, and we are working to ensure that their voices are heard at the highest level.
Through our work with other partners, we also lent our experience and evidence to ensure that the framework addresses the issues of quality education and inclusive healthcare.
To recognise the contribution of volunteers to development, VSO alongside partner organisations including UNV, IAVE and AVI launched the 500 Days 500 Ways campaign, which aims to give visibility to the action of volunteers for peace and development.
We also produced a number of influential reports calling for focus on key issues around the goals:
- Women in Power: full report (PDF) and four-page summary (PDF)
- Volunteerism and the Post-2015 agenda: full report (PDF) and two-page summary (PDF)
- Measuring progress on women’s participation and influence in decision-making in the SDGs: Recommendations to the Inter-agency and Expert Group and UN Member States (PDF)
- Beyond 2015 response to the 'final draft of the Post-2015 Development Agenda outcome document' (July 2015)
- Lima Declaration signed at IVCO 2014 (October 2014)
- 'Zero Draft' of the Focus Areas agreed by the Open Working Group on Sustainable Devlopment Goals (June 2014)
- Report of the High Level Panel (May 2013)
- UN Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform